Sunday, June 3, 2012


Helllooo everyone! it's been a while! How'd everyone's weekend go? Mine was busy, busy, busy with work, work, work.
So, let's recap. Let's see, I have two days (plus today) to fill you guys in on, right? I suppose it makes sens to begin with Friday.

Friday was my day off at the gym, so I had to find something else that was new to me that I could work on. 
I decided to make personal training flyers. After I graduate, one of the big things I plan on doing is having my own personal training business. I'm obviously not ready to start my own business right now, but I did want to get a little kick start and get my name out there, so I decided to make my own flyers and put them around town to start getting my name out there, and do some training on the side.
I'm still considering that fitness/health related, because I'm doing something to better myself, so that was my challenge of the day! Here's my flyer, what does everyone think? Any changes you think I should make? 

I had off from the gym again on Saturday, so I had to come up with another outside-the-gym challenge. I've been thinking about doing this for awhile, and seeing as I needed something new to try, I decided Saturday would be the day! I starting my own food log. I've always been a bit skeptical about food logs, but the more I thought about it, I do believe it is very important to track what you eat in a day's time, especially if you are trying to lose weight.
In my case, however, I am currently trying to gain some weight (muscle weight), so I really need to increase my food intake. 
Even though it's only been a little more than 24 hours since I've started my personal food log, I have made some important observations. I have noticed that I'm not eating nearly as much as I think I've been, and that I need to increase my caloric intake quite a bit if I want to achieve that goal. 
If you are trying to lose/gain weight, I recommend starting your own food log if you haven't already. Keep your log around at all times so you can track exactly what you're eating instead of forgetting to write it down later on. You'd be surprised by how much more (or less) you are eating than you think you are. I'm glad I decided to try the food log, and will definitely keep up with it. I was thinking about putting it on here for you guys to see, but I'm pretty sure that would bore everyone to death, so I decided against it. If you do want to see it, let me know and I will be happy to type it up. 

Now, for today's challenge! I was back in the gym today, working on my lower body. My challenge of the day was the 10,000 pound workout. Yup, 10,000 pounds! 
The original 10,000 pound workout is meant to be done with just one exercise. With that exercise, you take the weight that you are working with, multiply that weight by 10,000 and that answer is how many repetitions of that one exercise you do. 
For example, you are doing deadlifts at 150 lbs 
10,000 / 150 = 66.6 (round to 67) to get to 10,000 pounds. 


I switched my 10,000 lb workout up a bit. Instead of doing one exercise, I decided to incorporate a bunch of different exercises until I reached 10,000 lbs, so that I wasn't just doing 1 exercise the entire time. Here's how my workout went: 

Romanian (Stiff Leg) Deadlifts:


Set 1: 10 reps at 65 lbs = 650 lbs
Set 2: 8 reps at 75 lbs = 600 lbs
Set 3: 8 reps at 75 lbs = 600 lbs
Total: 1850 lbs

Sumo Deadlift:


(make sure you keep those toes pointed outwards to really engage those glute muscles!) 

Set 1: 12 reps at 25 lbs = 300 lbs
Set 2: 12 reps at 30 lbs = 360 lbs
Set 3: 12 reps at 35 lbs = 420 lbs
Total: 2930

Dumbbell Sumo Squat:

(sorry, not very flattering photos - and keep those toes out to engage those glute muscles again!)

Set 1: 15 reps at 40 lbs = 600 lbs
Set 2: 12 reps at 45 lbs = 540 lbs
Set 3: 10 reps at 50 lbs = 500 lbs 
Total: 4570


Cable Kickbacks (my favorite exercise!):

Set 1: 15 reps at 30 lbs (each leg) = 900 lbs
Set 2: 20 reps at 25 lbs (each leg) = 1000 lbs
Set 3: 20 reps at 25 lbs (each leg) = 1000 lbs
Total: 7470


Leg Press ( I didn't take a picture of this one)
Set 1: 14 reps at 180 lbs = 2520 lbs
Total: 9990 (10 more lbs to go!!)


Seated Leg Curls (no picture)
Set 1: 10 reps at 70 lbs = 700 lbs (going over the 10,000 lb mark!)
Set 2: 10 reps at 70 lbs = 700 lbs
Total: 11,390 


Standing Dumbbell Calf Raises 



Set 1: 20 reps at 35 lbs = 700 lbs
Set 2: 20 reps at 40 lbs = 800 lbs


GRAND TOTAL: 12,890 lbs!


So, I went a little bit over that 10,000 lb mark (that's the gym rat in me), but I really wanted to get a full lower body workout, and the 10,000 mark was just the goal. It's never a bad thing to go further than your goal! This was a good workout concept, but it wasn't really that different than my usual workout. I figure I am usually doing around this rep and weight range, so it wasn't all that different. Next time, I will try it with just one exercise to get a really good burn. I was tired and my legs were def. exhausted after this workout, but I'm happy I did it! Try this one out, guys! Let me know how it goes! Stop being so shy! Let me know what you guys are thinking once in awhile!

Until next time,
Fitness Felicia 





6 comments:

  1. P.S. Felicia, have u ever tried kale chips!?? It's a great replacement for potato chips! I will post the recipe for u and your readers to try:) ur looking great! U cease to amaze me:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will try making them as one of my "challenges!" Thanks :) keep reading !
      Fitness Felicia

      Delete
  2. definitely a cool challenge, as part of one of your next posts, could you include some triceps exercises you like, its one of the more difficult areas of my body to tone for some reason and would love to add some new stuff to my routine to get over this plateau. thankss in advancee =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello again Kaykay,
    Tomorrow actually happens to be my chest and tris day in the gym, so I will be dedicating my next workout and post to you! Make sure you check it out tomorrow evening!
    Thanks for reading,
    Fitness FElicia

    ReplyDelete