Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Last Day of the CONTEST! Abs On Abs on Abs

First and foremost, I'd like to alert you all that 
TODAY IS THE LAST DAY OF THE CONTEST!! So hurry up, you still have time to enroll in the contest - the prizes, I must say, are pretty great! The contest directions are just a few posts back. 
Get to it ASAP! 


Next, I'd like to just tell you guys how incredibly proud of myself I am. I'm really working hard to get in tip-top shape for my competition coming up in the fall. Most contestants have their own personal trainers, but I am serving as my own personal trainer. And as a first time contestant, that's pretty ballsy I think. At this point, I'm really not worried at all, just more excited than anything. I think the experience is what I'm looking forward to most. I've talked to a bunch of people who have done their own competitions, and they've all had a blast, so I'm really, really looking forward to it and am loving the results and changes I'm seeing in my body along the way. It's really exciting!

Here's pictures of my triceps progress so far... I really wish I had a before picture to put on here :( oh well. I'm just really excited with the results I'm seeing and wanted to share my excitement with all my readers :)



I had a comment on my last post from a reader who had said she needed to work on her abs some more, so I'm using that comment as a topic for today's post: AB Exercises and foods that BLAST tummy fat!

Here is an ab routine that's been killing me the past few weeks that I'd like to share with you guys! I like to switch up my ab workouts every few weeks or so because there are so many different and effective abdominal exercises that you can do. I often get bored once I fall into a routine, so switching it up a lot also helps to keep things interesting. The following ab routine, however, is a compilation of my most favorite abdominal exercises. These exercises are what get me the most sore after all this time. I always like to mix at least one of these exercises into any new abdominal routine I start.

The workout: 

Begin with a superset of Straight-legged weighted hanging leg raises and bent leg raises 
(or not weighted if that is too difficult)

 Complete 4 Supersets - 15 reps each
30 seconds rest between each set 

Bosu Ball Elevated Planks 
Complete Four Sets - 60 Seconds each 
45 seconds rest between each set 


Bosu Ball Elevated Oblique Mountain Climbers 
Complete 4 Sets - 30 Each Leg
30 seconds rest between each set 



Bosu Ball Oblique Crunches 
Complete 3 Sets - 15 Crunches Each Side
45 seconds rest between each set 

Complete this workout and I promise you, your abs will be on fire the rest of the day and into the next day or two!! 

To go along with your new ab workout, try eating some of these fat-blasting, hunger-suppressing foods/drinks to really shape that belly up! 

Green Tea: 
Green Tea contains something called catechins that help the body burn fat by increasing the body's metabolism as well as increase the rate at which the liver burns fats. Don't like green tea? Try taking a green tea supplement of at least 300 MG a day. It has the same effect as drinking about 4 glasses of green tea (about the amount you need for the body to really start burning fat)

Vinegar:
Vinegar helps to activate enzymes in your body that breaks down fats. Try using vinegar as a replacement of fatty salad dressings in your salads. 

ALMONDS (nuts in general):
Almonds (nuts) are filling and will keep you feeling full for long periods of time, fighting off your hunger to eat other not-so-good foods. Keep clear of salty or flavored nuts, though, which can quickly add calories to your nutty snack. A small handful (about 25) almonds as a snack will work to fight off that hunger! 

Raspberries:
Just one cup of raspberries has about 6 grams of fiber in it! A summer fruit, keep berries in your fridge at all times and munch on them when you're in need of a light snack. One cup of delicious, low-cal raspberries will help to suppress your appetite longer than most other unhealthy snacks. 

Eggs:
Packed with the vitamin B12, eggs are a great food to help burn fat. Your body needs B12 to metabolize your fats. Worried about cholesterol? Keep it simple and eat egg whites. Grocery stores make eating egg whites simple these days and sell egg whites in cartons that you simply pour into your cooking pan and enjoy! 



Try out some of these fat-blasting foods and deffinately try out the ab workout! Let me know what you guys think! Remember, I love feedback so stop being so darn shy!! I love reading what you guys think about all these posts :) 

Have a wonderful evening

xxxo Fitness Felicia 







7 comments: